Friday 30 April 2010

Week 17 Challenge - Alter It!

Can it really be Friday again? It must be as its a brand new Polkadoodle challenge! Did you see Nikky on telly last Friday with the very lovely and brand new cd All Around and Everywhere? Well, the DT have really fallen for the cd and I think this week we have all used something from the cd! Before I forget, make sure you get your copy of Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine which is the  May issue (out this week sometime) as Nikky has designed the free paper collections and if you're an owl fan like all of us you'll love them!

I'm (Ruth) hosting the challenge this week and I think some of the Design Team will be cursing me with the trials and tears they have encountered in making their creation for this challenge (sorry girls!!!!)

The challenge this week is:
Alter It!!

There is plenty of inspiration from the Design Team to help you on your way. And if you decide to join us, please link your creation using Mr Linky and your creation should not be entered into more than 10 challenges including Polkadoodles to be considered for a top 3 blinkie or the winners prize.
Before I forget, here are the top three from Challenge 15 which was Animal Magic and was set by Claire:
First Place: Amelia
Second Place: Erin
Third Place: Shirley

Congratulations and please contact Nikky for more details!
Ruth: I found an empty plastic jar last time I was at the Scrap Store and I knew I'd find a use for it one day! I've used papers from All Around and Everywhere including the topper which I've layered onto black card. All ribbons are from my stash. More views are on my blog!



Brenda - How do you photograph a fold down zigzag card - with great difficulty ! I have again used elements from various sections of the new CD - All Around and Everywhere. Each square has been cut from the back sheets of two used spiral notebooks and covered on both sides with a mixture of papers and bazzil, with flowers and heart all taken from the CD, then ribbons, brads and borders added to embellish.


Kerry - Plan A went to pot, I was going to stamp the candle but I got more wax on my desk!! So Plan B came into force, decorate it. I used papers and flowers from All Around and Everywhere, a Polkadoodles stamp and string.




Kate I needed somewhere to store my lovely fairy stamps, so I have made use of a laundry detergent tablet box. I have used papers from Sugar Birdies (I think this has to be my favourite) and petals from the new cd All Around and Everywhere and of course those gorgeous fairy flutterfly stamps.


Fliss: I've altered a toiletries box which was lurking in my daughter's bin and turned it into a gift/trinket box. All the papers and elements I've used come from the new All Around and Everywhere CD and I used Nikky's fab scrunching technique to make the flower. I used the non coloured butterfly stampie, coloured it with my Promarkers, sponged on embossing ink and embossed it with crystal powder for added sparkle.


Nettie: This was a fun one to do. I decided to make a mini album of my nephew's 4th birthday. I have used four toilet roll shells for this one. I have seen these albums made out of toilet rolls and always wanted to have a go, so this is my version. I used my Bind it All machine to put the album together. I have used the very new CD All Around and Everywhere. For more detail please visit my blog.



Claire Everybody needs a bits box - for all those teeny weeny crafting things that would disappear up the hoover otherwise. Mine is no longer dull and dreary it's funky flutterby heaven - with those fab new stamps coloured with copics and some papers thanks to All Around and Everywhere.


Dee: I've had a sad and empty list pad holder that I've been meaning to revamp for ages. I got a new pad for it some time ago but just haven't got round to it yet, so now was my chance. I used papers from the All Around and Everywhere cd, added a few silk flowers I had hanging around and some garden twine. And now I can slip another pad in when this one is finished, unlike the original that was stuck to the back piece.


Stacey - Having completely smashed my first attempt this is my create your own cookie jar!!! I have used the big polka dots papers from All Around and Everywhere and I have printed them in brown and pink. I made a little corset on the back to secure it to the jar so it can easily be removed and the jar can be reused. I added a cute pink sentiment to finish it off!


Lou: I wanted to safely store my new Fairy Flutterby stamps so Ruth's challenge couldn't of come at a better time ! ! I have used an old CD case and given it a real makeover! 1st photo is of the front cover showing all stamps etc and the 2nd photo is showing the inside. On one side I have made a pouch to store my stamped images / made toppers and the other side stores my stamps. Now have a few more of these to make so everythig matches . . . uuummmm, we have ooddles of old DVD cases . . . I wonder what I could do with those ! ! Even more photo's can be found on my blog.




Please remember that the maximum number of challenges you can enter your Polkadoodle challenge creation in is 10 (including Polkadoodles) and that the closing date is 12noon on Sunday 9 May 2010. Good luck!
....................


8 comments:

  1. What fabulous work from the DT. I have never tried Alter Art before and unfortunately will not be able to take part as I am off to the sunny climes of The Canaries 2moro for a week. I wish everyone good luck and have fun with the Challenge!!
    See you all soon, Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have submitted mine! What a busy day - only created my blog today and have already entered challenges! Thanks for the inspiration :o) Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for the opportunity to try out some Altered art, DT projects are lovely. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOh!! I'm so excited about this week's challenge as I had an altered project in my schedule! I've added it to Mr. Linky but just in case he's out and about it can be found HERE!

    Thanks and have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for getting us to stretch our wings, here's a happy cookie tin for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for choosing me as no. 1 challenger for the animal magic challenge. I was over the moon when I received my blinkie and lovely prize from Nikki. The DT projects for this week are fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoyed the challenge and thanks for the papers!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!