Friday 6 August 2010

Week 31 Challenge - Sketch

Hello Doodlers!The weeks just fly by dont they!


I hope you're loving our series of tutorials we're giving you this month, we're keeping Nikky really busy! Just to remind you if you haven't seen the last couple of week's posts, we are running a fabulous competition in conjunction with Letraset until the end of August where you can win a fantastic set of Aquamarkers worth £79.99! These great colouring pens are waterbased so they are amazing if you love watercolour techniques - make sure you check out the last 2 tutorials which showed you the great effects you can achieve with these if you missed them previously:We also have some additional runner up prizes of smaller packs too and all you have to do to enter is to do some colouring! It can be any kind of colouring, watercolours, promarkers, copics, pencils, pastels, whatever's your bag, we just want to see your lovely work. And once again, we have to reiterate that you do NOT have to be Van Gogh to win either, all entries will be judged on various criteria so even if you think you're not a great colourist, still enter, you never know, we might think
you deserve to win a set of Aquamarkers for your troubles!

Deadline for entries is 31st August and you MUST leave a link to your entry pic in the COMMENTS section under this post (do NOT use the InLinkz please). And obviously you can enter as many times as you like (entries to previous challenges will not be accepted)! Right, as promised here is the 3rd of Nikky's tutorials, this week she's using Promarkers and showing you how to achieve some great blending...


Ok, on with this week's challenge and last week's winners!
As ever we struggled to decide upon our top three again. You certainly make it tough each week for us to narrow our faves down to just 3, so many fantastic festive projects! The winners of week 29, our Christmas in July challenge are...
1st Place: Lori
Runner Up: We had a really hard time choosing this week so the following peeps are all this week's runners-up...Fabiola, Carolyn & Kaylou

Well done everyone and please contact Nikky for your blinkies!

It's been a while since we had a sketch challenge so your mission this week, if you choose to accept it, is to create a project using the following fabulous sketch designed by Kerry.

So are you up for the challenge? Yeah? Cool! Just leave us a link to your project via Inlinkz at the bottom of this post before 12noon on Sunday 15th August and we'll stop by your blog to gaze upon your wonderful creation! Lost your crafting mojo? No problem! Feast your eyes on the following for some inspiration...

Brenda I have twisted Kerry's sketch a bit as Rudolph turned out a bit larger than I expected. All the elements are from Paper Boutique Christmas, Rudolph has been decoupaged, his hat is glittered and the snowflakes made using a Martha Stewart punch. The NOEL sentiment is from the same CD.


Lou: I have also flipped the sketch 180' and all the elements on my card are from the "Not for Girls" CD. I am soooo in love with this Jazz Player image and want it as a huge poster on my wall ! I printed a couple of the images, using one as my base image and then cropped the other images to layer bits of on top; this was to give an aged effect . . or for something different !


Nettie: I loved making this one and following the sketch. I have gone for a Shabby Chic kind of look with this one. I have created an aperture with this card and added some little pearls around the frame. I have used papers and flowers from the All Around and Everywhere CD. So girly!!!



Lisa - I enjoyed following the sketch very much and I chose to use background papers and flowers from the All Around and Everywhere CD. I just love the dainty little butterfly added on to the sentiment. I just couldn't get the colors of the card to photograph well indoors but outdoors on a plant, the card just came to life! What a sunny day for a sunny card!



Tracy - For my creation I have followed the sketch by using papers from the All Around and Everywhere CD, the flowers were done by using Back to Nature cd and the treat bag was also using the All Around and Everywhere CD.



Fliss - I've made a new home card with the lovely house stampie from the Back To Nature CD which I resized slightly and printed out on watercolour paper. I coloured the image with my watercolour pencils and mounted the panel on blue paper. I added a mat of textured paper from the Not For Girls CD with faux stitching to make it look like the sketch. I used background paper from the All Around and Everywhere CD and flowers from the Sugar Birdies CD.



Ruth: I've used the Gracie Fairy Flutterfly stamp, which has been coloured with Promarkers, along with the sentiment stamp from the same pack. The image has been layered onto papers printed from Candy Doodles cd. Candy Doodles is probably one of my favourite Polkadoodle cd's and its also great for soft baby colours too! I've made the flowers by cutting out circles of card, snipping the edges and curling them inwards and then layered different sizes ontop. Really easy and quick!


Kris: Nikky has certainly got me in a Christmas card mood! I decided to take the sketch and rotate it 180 degrees. I made a 'frame' card that gives an extra bit of dimension with a few little cuts and folds. The papers and sentiment are from Creative Christmas and the ponisettia is one of the new Doodle Stamps. The stamp is very versitle and it's quite large with four layers of petals. Colored and cut only three of the layers for the larger image and just two for the smaller. Colored with Prismas and OMS for the flower petals and a gold Promarker for the centres.


Jenny This was such a lovely sketch to follow. My card uses one of the new Stamp Doodles. I have coloured the birdcage image with watercolour paints to match the patterned paper from All Around and Everywhere that I have mounted into little silver frames. I've added some yellow watercolouring to the patterned paper just to make the colour match perfectly. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Babsie' Fairy Flutterfly stamp set.



Claire - I have used one of the fab images of a cup of hot chocolate from the new Christmas CD - Paper Boutique II - Creative Christmas along with some poinsettia from the same cd. I have water coloured the images, it was great fun to do and I loved this sketch - definitely one to work with again!



Tracie: I used a couple of backing papers and a sentiment from Paper Boutique Vol 2: Creative Christmas as well as the Poinsetta template in A6 size which I cut from felt. I also used one of the gorgeous new Stamp Doodles.



Dee: I used the Christmas Doodles rubber stamp plate and backing papers from the Jingle Jangles cd for my card this week. I've made the card A4 size, mainly to show that you don't have to have a large image just because you have a large card. I used the lush Aquamarkers directly onto the stamps then bled the colours out with a damp paintbrush. I added some ribbon, brads and stickles for the finishing touches.



Good luck in entering and please remember, the maximum number of challenges you can enter to be in with a shout of a top three placing is 10 - this includes the Polkadoodle challenge. You have until 12noon GMT on Sunday 15 August to enter and please use the widget below to link up your creation.
**********

15 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 Aug 11:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my entry for the Aquamarker giveaway!
    http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2010/08/1st-birthday-card.html

    Thanks!
    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i am loving the tutorials this week and here is my entry for the colouring competition for the aquamarkers
    Here is my entry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I have an entry for your contest and it can be found at http://gramstreasures.blogspot.com/2010/08/sealed-with-kiss.html. I am a newbie to your site but I really like what I see. Good show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a second entry for the Aquamarker contest using my Prisma Pencils and OMS.
    http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2010/08/strawberry-lolita.html

    Thanks for looking!
    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Sketch, thanks so much!! Also love the DT-cards! You can find my card here: Handmade by Krista: For You...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love PD, Love your Challenges,beavering away with Promarkers and colouring in so that I can enter your AquaMarkers Giveaway. I am not very good yet but decided to enter this one in case I get worse and give up!! ( Not PD just colouring in !!) My entry is here http://acraftyjourney.blogspot.com/2010/08/babsie-again.html
    PS Hope this is the right place to enter and i don't know how to make a LINK

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a third entry into the Aquamarker contest! Once again used my prisma pencils with OMS.
    http://craft-princess.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-is-fair-in-love-and-war.html

    Thanks!
    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my second entry for the coloring contest. I hope that I'm posting it where I'm supposed to. I also hate that the colors did not show as well as they should have. The card is here. I would sure like to win those markers. dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is my entry for the Aquamarker Contest...http://atouchofpink-courtney.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-salute-you.html

    Thanks
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello ladies. Thanks for using my sketch, all your cards are just fantastic. Hope you are all well xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is my entry for the Aquamarker Contest... oh how I would love to try these!! Here is my card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is my entry for the Letraset contest http://gramstreasures.blogspot.com/2010/08/featured-stamper.html. It would surely be a Dream come true...

    ReplyDelete
  14. aiuto è da tanto che provo a inserire la mia card ma il links si è chiuso.....come faccio???????aiuto.....vi prego guardate la mia card
    http://balsamodellanima.blogspot.com/2010/08/card_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm attaching my latest card. I know I've done a couple others, but I'm just hoping I've entered them correctly. My entry is here. I would soooooo love to win. Thanks, dj1952

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!