Friday 8 April 2011

Week 14 Challenge - Sketch, mix up your layers

Hello all, it's Dee here as your hostess and it's time for another Friday challenge from Polka Doodles. But first I need to let you all know that Nikky is demo-ing this weeks Pick Of The Week on Create and Craft TV starting at 12 noon British time today. Sky 671, Freeview 36 and Freesat 813.

The new CD A Double Sprinkle of Kraft will be making an appearance so watch/tape/sky+ to see some amazing demos and inspirational ideas. Nikky will be doing live shows till Tuesday if it doesn't sell out and the rest of the week will be repeats. Plenty of chances to catch some of the shows.

Back to the challenge and this week I have a sketch for you, but look carefully because I want you to mix your layers up and interlink your different elements.

The challenge closes on Sunday 17 April at 12noon GMT. Without further ado I need to announce the top three from challenge 12 which was 'Spring has Sprung'

First Place: Claire C
Second Place: nnalorac
Third Place: Tina

Congratulations! Please email Nikky with your placing and challenge number in the subject field for your blinkies! The first place winner will receive a Polka Doodles download!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs: 1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

Now onto the inspirational Design Team samples!

Enfys: I used papers from Double Sprinkles of Kraft, and the image is from Back to Nature, coloured with Promarkers. I added a bit of sewing to the mix, and some Thickers letter stickers for the 'HI' word


Fliss -I've made my card from the fabulous new A Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD as I've really loved working with the gorgeous papers and sweet images on there. I've coloured the lovely image with Promarkers and followed the sketch with papers and a border from the CD. My only additions were some pink paper and pearls from my stash and a sentiment from the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition CD.

Saskia - This robot, made in 3d, is so funny! The template and the papers are from the Paper Boutique III cd-rom! I just added some little star-stickers and twine from my stash.


Claire I loved the sketch and it worked so well with all the wonderful papers from the new Double Sprinkles of Kraft cd. I have used Promarkers to colour the beautiful bird and birdhouse images.


Lis-m . This is a fab sketch. I used the new "Sprinkles" cd, the colours worked together so well. I cut out and 3'd the girl with the daisies (from the in the garden section). Added a sentiment and glitter, simply but pretty.


Ashley : I was inspired by various sets, I used the not for girls definitely for men and paper boutiqueII cds + the adorable little Nellienoo and sensational sentiment sets.



Miria For my card I was totally inspired by the new CD Double Sprinkles of Kraft: everything comes from it except a few embellies from stash.
Colette Well it looks like the new Double Sprinkles of Kraft is a big hit with us all. I've also used it for my card this week, Everything on the card, except for a strip of Jute, came from the CD. I flipped the sketch 90 degrees clockwise and made the scene up from various stampies on the disc, I coloured the black and white wellies stampie and layered it up to give a 3D effect and used the Kraft alphabet to make the word retirement.

Josie: This week I used the backing papers, topper and sentiments from the new CD Rom A Double Sprinkle of Kraft. I distressed the edges of the papers and topper with Distress Inks.

Tracie: I used papers and an image from Double Sprinkles of Kraft for my card this week. I watercoloured the gorgeous girlie with Aquamarkers, layered up some papers from the CD and added a sentiment from the new Sentiment Stamp Sheet, and finished with a couple of little gems.

Emma, hi everyone, I used backing papers from the new Sprinkle of Kraft Cd alongside a stamped Flutterby Fairy with wings from one of the butterflies on the new CD too. I hand rolled some little paper roses with some punched leaves to finish off.

Ruth: I too have used A Double Sprinkle of Kraft - all the papers are from the cd along with the very cute image! I've made the flower by cutting out circles of double sided card, lightly drenching in water and then waiting for them to dry - really easy!

Dee: I've used the papers from the Wonderland CD for my card this week. I've also used flower chipboard shapes. I covered one with a backing paper and I used paint dabbers on the rest. I then stamped with a sentiment from the sentiment set. I little bit of inking with weathered wood distress inkpad and 3 big brads finishes of this card.

Good luck with the challenge - closing date is 12noon GMT on Sunday 17 April.

*****


3 comments:

  1. Oh - CONGRATS to the winners! Great challenge, I love sketches and am going to try to play along with this week's challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [09 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for choosing me as winner no2 Chuffed once again. Great looking sketch and the DT have created gorgeous cards. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!