Friday 26 October 2012

Week 43 - Christmas Card And Add Kraft!

Hey everyone!

Before we get to all the gorgeous inspiration this week, we also have some exciting news to share!...

We are looking for some extra talent for our International Design Team, so if you'd like to be part of our hugely popular team and live OUTSIDE THE UK then get applying now! You will need to be familiar with using digistamps as well as using normal stamps as we are primarily a digital company, but we have lots of great things on the go in addition to this blog, so we all always have lots of creative fun at Polkadoodles.

A couple of weeks ago we were really pleased to welcome Helen, Karen and Eva to the Polkadoodles UK team and we are also extremely chuffed to welcome the lovely Anjie to the team too! We just know you're going to love what our new teamies bring to you and they've already been giving us loads of inspiration and ideas and we can't wait to see all the applications for the International team, we've had lots already in 2 days so PLEASE apply asap - you've got to be in it to win it, right??!... We know there are sooo many talented people out there and we want you wherever you are!...

The challenge this week is to:

Make A Christmas Card and Add Kraft

The winner from this challenge will receive a copy of the very fab Studio 12 Picknix 2 cd - Gingerbread Twist!  Don't forget to follow our rules which are below.

Before we look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 41 which was 'Halloween'.  Once again, we had some stunning entries and some very spooky ones too but there can only be one top three and here they are:

First Place:  £5 voucher to spend instore - Dawn - please use verification code PD1W4341
Second Place:  Sue Bearhouse - please claim your blinkie from the sidebar
Third Place:  Karli - please claim your blinkie from the sidebar

Congratulations!  Dawn please email Nikky for how to claim your £5 voucher to spend instore - all the blinkies can be found in the sidebar.  Please remember to add the verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email - you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.

Good luck with the challenge - deadline for entries is Sunday 4 November at 12noon GMT.

Ruth:  I've used a kraft card base, inked the edges (to hide my rubbish cutting!) and added faux stitching around the edges.  Sentiment is a stamp from the not yet released Pen and Paper Circle edition 5 (get yours ordered now!)  I've made the stocking from my own template and papers from Here Comes Christmas.  Ribbon from my stash and not a bit of glitter in sight!!


 Norine:  This was another fun challenge for me....once I get my head around doing what the challenge dictates, lol!  I ended up making 2 cards again this week!  I really love the clean and simple style of the first one.  I used a digi stamp from the Gingerbread Twist Picknix cd for the pine bough and then flicked white paint over the whole card front for snow.  The Season's Greeting's sentiment is a cut file from the Here Comes Xmas cd that I cut out using my Silhouette.

 For this card I used images from the Sundae of Season's cd, photo-shopped them all together and then printed it onto 140# water color paper.  After printing it, I did a water color wash around the outside edge, being careful not to let the water touch the printed image.  The sentiment is printed onto vellum and banner folded for some dimension.

Eva - For this card I used images and design paper from Picknix 2 - Gingerbread Twist. I coloured these in with Pro Markers.  I also printed out the letters JOY and some holly from the Pen & Paper 4 CD. I used die cuts for the hearts and added some stick on gems, ribbon and hat pins.


Anjie - For my card I've used an image and papers from Pretty Sweet. The image is coloured with ProMarkers. The frame around the image is the waste from Marianne Designer Doily Die, as is the silver flower.

AnneI'll own up now, I tried and failed miserably:(  Three times I printed this image onto t-shirt transfer papers and not once did it turn out well enough for me to use.  In the end, after many, many swear words and feet stomping among other things I gave in and just made a card using papers  from Magical Winter 1 and the image, embellies and sentiment is from Gingerbread Twist.

Miria For my easel card I used colour stampies and paper from Here Comes Christmas cd 
I printed  the tag and ticket on kraft cardstock, just added a little glossy accents on holly and berries, then buttons and ribbon as embellies.


Clare - I have used Kraft card for the base of  my make and the images and sentiment are from both Sundae of Seasons and Here Comes Christmas CD's. I have distressed both layer's of  my Bazzill card. For the snow on the reindeer and tree's I have used Polar White Flower Soft along with some Diamond Stickles. The wooden snowflake embellishments are by Kar's, the red pearls from Kaiser Craft and finally I have used  deckled edge oval Nestabilities.


Good luck with the challenge - deadline for entries is Sunday 4 November at 12noon GMT.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for placing me in second place and well done to the other winners.
    Thank you also for another fabulous challenge and wonderful DT projects again

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sue...your cards are lovely. DT your creations are equally spectacular and this is a great challenge with a little difference using Kraft...love annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love LOVE the variety of cards by the team - coloring on kraft intimidates me, but it looks so BEAUTIFUL! and kraft is so classy and vintage, it just gives that warm feeling of the good old fashioned holidays. perfect for Christmas crafting! thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikky,
    I have a few CD's and had the pleasure of speaking to you by phone. I was so happy to get to enter the "Challenge". Good luck to everyone. My blog is http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/. Please visit and see the write up on the card..........

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!